Friday, May 29, 2009

Land of the Lost

It was nearly midnight, and I was so tired. I cleaned my whole room last night, and unpacked my luggage finally from the last two weekends I have been gone. I look down, and there it was. My David Yurman Black Onyx ring that I lost in December. It was peeking out from underneath my night stand, just waiting to be back on my finger. I lost it one drunken night in December, after making new "best" friends at the Irish Pub below my apartment. And you know what you do with best friends... shots of Jameson's Irish Whiskey of course. Ack! Now wonder I lost my favorite ring! So this made me wonder... Where do lost things go? Do they have a little land that they go to occasionally just to drive you crazy? Was my ring hanging out with the lost left socks, car keys, and mismatched earrings of the world? Was it playing bridge and just decided that now would be a good time to show back up? Because I KNOW that all of that searching, and worrying, and looking online for new rings was not in vain. It couldn't have been less than a foot away from me every night for the last five frickin' months!

I have taken the liberty to draw you a diagram...

Doesn't losing things drive you nuts!?! Especially expensive things that you bought. There's is nothing worse than working hard and scrimping and saving to buy something that you absolutely LOVE, and then losing it and having to buy another, pretty much paying double for just that one item. I've decided I'm insuring everything!

By the way.. Thank you St. Anthony, you saved me again. Please come back when I lose my house keys...We all know that this will happen.

No comments: