Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer in America




Happy first day of summer! This day could have not have come sooner. But like John Steinbeck says, "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."

This past weekend I went to Baltimore Harbor for the bicentennial celebration of the War of 1812. The U.S. Navy Blue angels were there, and they even had a really cool sand castle competition.



Being gone all last year, and missing a real summer has truly made me grateful for this missed season. This summer I will do all things American. I'll bake an apple pie, go to as many baseball games and country concerts as I can. I'll even wear my jorts proudly as I watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

I'm so thankful to be home, and I'm so thankful for those service members that are overseas right now still serving. Still fighting. Thank you all for your service, and I assure you that there will be a deck chair and a cocktail waiting for you when you return.

No comments: