Friday, June 15, 2012

Exorcist stair WOD



In 1973, an absolutley horrible, yet iconic, movie was filmed here in DC, specifically in Georgetown. The Exorcist features among many things a dramatic final scene where the young priest throws himself out the window and down a trecherous staircase killing himself and the demon.

Today I threw myself down these same stairs. Okay. Okay. That may be a little dramatic. I actually am part of this workout cult... err group, and we enjoy torturing ourselves, testing our limits and living in a positive manner towards a healthier lifestyle. I'm a Crossfitter. To Grandma Chardonnay's dismay, I have brought my fanatical ways back to America, and continue to do "WOD"s two or three times a week. And now I can eat cupcakes with reckless abandon, and not gain a pound. Okay, that's a lie.

So during my lunch break, I ventured over to Georgetown and we did the following WOD. Behold, the Crossfit Rosslyn Exorcist stair WOD™:

Exorcist Stairs WOD (30min limit)

One single step ascend
8 Squats
One double step ascend
4 Squats
... One bunny hop ascend (single or double step)
2 Squats

One single step ascend
8 Squats
One double step ascend
4 Squats
One bunny hop ascend (single or double step)
2 Squats

One single step ascend
8 Squats
One double step ascend
4 Squats
One bunny hop ascend (single or double step)
2 Squats

10 HSPU
10 K2E
10 Burpees
One ascend (any style)

For time

So as you can see... this KILLED me.



In usual Crossfit fashion, the team was supportive and cheered each other on. That's what I love about Crossfit. It's not just a workout. It's a community, and for some a lifestyle. I just can't get enough.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

If I were there I'd join Crossfit with you....but I'm too nervous and scared to start by myself here in Charleston :(