Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blackberry Oath

I recently crossed over to the dark side and got a Blackberry. Why? Becasue as annoying as it is to have an electronic leash, it is even more annoying and stressful to return to the office to find angry emails from people who think you are ignoring their requests, 5 million emails that now need to be sorted through after a vacation, or an email that reads,"Hey I had free tickets to this or that, but you never responded, and now I'm taking someone else." Argh!!!

However, I have realized that unbenounced to me I have become one of "them". I found myself commiting Blackberry sins that I always get annoyed at other people for doing. So I have decided to stop the madness, and climb off the slippery slope that is Blackberry addiction. So with my blog as my witness, I do solemnly swear to adhere to this Blackberry oath:

I, ___insert your name here___, do solemnly swear to use my Blackberry respectively, and adhere to the following electric leash rules:

I will NEVER check my email/facebook status/ google alerts while I am on a date. Looking down the whole time while trying to flirt with someone is REALLY hard.

I will NEVER check my email while I am mid sentence with a friend that I have not seen in over three months.

I promise to keep my facebook status updates to a maximum of twice a day, and NEVER Facebook/tweet everyday occurances such as eating, sleeping, working out or using the restroom.

I will NEVER google every factoid that comes out of someone's mouth. If there were 432 lady bugs found in a Central Park bathroom, I will not google to find out that in actuality there 433. I will let others be right sometimes. (Or at least think they are right.)

I will refrain from playing brickbreaker during innapropriate times. Unless I am about to beat my high score, and then no rules apply.

I will not check EVERY SINGLE alert that pops up on my phone. Facebook does not need to be checked everytime someone writes on my wall.

I will use my Blackberry as a phone.

I promise to NEVER BBM someone who is sitting right next to me. The person must be AT LEAST out of yelling distance.

-------

This is just a start. Feel free to use this oath for your friends that are OBSESSED with their smart phones. Iphone users could use this oath as well. Of course, they are incredibly more annoying on their own... don't get me started.

No comments: