Monday, June 1, 2009

I Love NY... Even at war


David Guttenfelder
Spc. Zachary Boyd (in pink boxers) keeps watch from behind sandbags at his post in Afghanistan's Kunar province. AP


How did I not see this!?!?

In case you didn't see this, it is a 19 year-old Fort Worth, Texas Soldier whose unit was attacked in the middle the night. He jumped out of bed and put on all of his protective gear, except for this pants. The other two next to him were awaken by the shots too, but one is not wearing socks and silver tennis shoes. But he is wearing pants.

My boss just came up to me and handed me this article, and asked me to find out where this Soldier can be reached. Apparently the people from New York State tourism are trying to track him down to send him a care package. Maybe more boxer shorts???

No comments: