Tuesday, April 7, 2009

fat AND broke.. what's a girl to do...

NYC why do you have so many delicious places to eat? You are killing me.

While my sister was in town I took her to some of my favorite NYC eating spots. We went to 123 Burger, Spice, Krunch pizza,and of course Ess-a-bagel. (Home of my favorite grumpy guys serving up the best kosher delights anywhere... yum) Not only did I take her to all of these places, but I walked her little booty all around town. You would think this would be enough exercise, but o no, alas I have done nothing but gain weight in this city. My favorite jeans don't fit, I have the elusive "beer gut" and when my sister went home she told my grandma I gained 15 lbs... Hey now! Definitely not 15!!!! More like 12 or 13 sheesh!

So on top of NYC having so many great places to eat (I mean I live above a pizza place AND a philly cheesesteak place), it is also one of the most EXPENSIVE places to stay healthy ever! I swear. A gym membership can run you anywhere from $90 and up and the average is around $125. That is CRAZY! And if no one has noticed, NYC gets hit pretty hard with RAIN and freezing weather. Running outside is for crazy people. NOTE: I know there are some that enjoy running is sub-freezing degree weather. I am not one of them.

So what choices do I have? Not a lot. I occasionally borrow my BF's gym when I go to New Roc to visit, but other than that I am not left with a lot of options. I got Yoga Booty Ballet for Christmas, and have used it a few times, but my apartment is borderline trailer quality with very thin floors that squeak up a storm, and I'm not 100% confident that they wouldn't fall in. I'm not chancing it. I also have an exercise ball, weights, a body band and jump rope. Do I have room to use most of these? Not so much. But I still try.. I love that Body Band!

But now it's spring.. and I have no excuse. I am bound and determined to lose this winter insillation by eating right and running 5 times a week. I ran yesterday, and Sunday I hiked for 3 hours so I think that counts. This morning I did get an early morning call to go run, but alas I ignored, so I know what I'll be doing after work! ;)

So we shall see how this all works out. Hopefully I'll get back to my semi-fighting weight. No more eating ice cream and watching biggest loser (I know. It's horrible.) I will be fit.. but probably still broke...

No comments: