Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's February Bits!

Hey guys! Sorry! I know I've been horrible about blogging for a minute. There really hasn't been a lot going on so you're not missing out... believe me. Its just hard because I've been extremely boring, and hibernating, and Grandma is in Florida, so she hasn't been reminding me. Ha!

A couple weeks ago we did a show with The Food Network. I met Guy Fieri and Bobby Flay. Yum! Let me tell you that that was a fun time. Anytime I can meet famous people and eat, I am a happy gal! lol. Guy was awesome. He was very into the Soldiers, and was all about taking pictures and hobnobbing with them. He was so outgoing, and at one point he even embarrassed me by saying he could take pictures all day with cute blond girls... yikes!



I also experienced my first Restaurant Week here in the city. There are a lot of restaurants that offer prixe fixe menus that week for a lower cost so everyone can try the "haute" restaurants around the city. We went to this place called The Post House, apparently it is owned by the same people that own Smith and Wollensky, but it has a smaller feel. I had Buffalo Shrimp, Filet and Chocolate cake. Let's just say that I was running awhile to work off that meal! Very good, but I'm not trying to go anywhere where the cheapest glass of wine is $13. I mean I am my grandma's granddaughter!!! I need wine!!!

And what is it with NYC and wine bars!!! I hate to say it but so far my favorite is still The Burgundy Room...in COLUMBUS, OHIO. I mean for a city that is so "right now", I can not find a decent place for wine flights and tapas. That's just sad.


At my favorite, The Burgundy Room in Cbus!


Tonight I am going to 123 Burger Shot Beer with the roomies for happy hour. $1 burgers, $2 shots and $3 beers. We won't be getting shots however because word on the street is they are glorified sugar water, which I totally believe.

I promise I'll be better about blogging! PROMISE! xoxo for now!

No comments: