Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello 27!

When are you considered "old"? There comes a point in everyone's life when people start to consider them old. I found this to be true when recently I turned 27, and when telling someone this, they started giving me the "old" look. Almost liek they want to follow that look with, "O, I'm sorry." GREAT!

Personally, I just think that it is a sign of the times. The other night I was watching "Mad Men", and one of the characters mentioned that another character was -gasp- in her thirties. Clearly she was washed up, and would end up as an old hag. (She recently got engaged- SO THERE!)

Also while talking to my Grandma, I am reminded that when she was my age, she had two children. This is all well and good in both situations. That is the way things were done back then. Fortunately that is not the way we do it now. We also don't smoke in the office as they did in the 60's based show. Gross!

Ironically, I find that most of my college graduate female friends that are 25-30, are not married, and not stressing out about it. Yes, I have a few that are already married, and baby fever hasn't started yet for any of them (thank God), and I just want to note that this situation is just fine. The ones that aren't married though are all great catches, dating and successful in their careers. I'm just waiting for the eerie calm to subside, and the ticking of the clock to start. Yikes! All in due time my friends...all in due time.

For now I am having a great time, and although the years tick by, I will never grow up! Ha!

No comments: